Follow Blinkered_Simon on Twitter

Saturday 4 June 2011

Things I Have Learned This Week

By Paul Christopher (Own work) [CC-BY-SA-3.0
www.creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0) 
1. The picture above shows the funniest man in Britain, possibly the world. Of course you may not agree - you may really dislike him. He'd love that. That's why he's so good.

2. The Guardian has a story that Roman Abramovich has upset the people of Venice due to his bigfuckoff boat blocking the beautiful views of St Mark's basin. I share their disgust as I love Venice and know the exact spot where he is moored.

What is gratifying about this story, however, is the final proof that money (even ridiculously huge amounts of money) can't buy good taste, as evidenced by the sentence:
"The boat, though unloved by locals who find themselves living temporarily in its shadow, has proved a celebrity magnet this summer, hosting singers Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale..."
I rest my case.

3.


4. Don't diss a nation's cucumbers until you know your facts. Might need to watch your back. 

5. How to piss off a 90s pop star promoting a new album:
BBC 5 live interviewer:     You were the drummer weren't you?
Guy out of Hanson:           Yeah. I STILL AM.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your intelligent and witty comments here (or just call me a knob)