Follow Blinkered_Simon on Twitter

Saturday 16 July 2011

Things I Have Learned This Week

LOVELY, LOVELY PEOPLE
1. Scottish couple Colin and Chris Weir won £161m on the Euromillions lottery. People are already crowing that their plans to spend it are pretty modest, and therefore they are undeserving of such a huge win. I say leave them alone: they seem like lovely, lovely people, who I am sure will use the money to do a lot of good things . On a completely unrelated note, I desperately need a ...er..brain transplant which will cost around £780,000, which I don't have. Sure I'll think of something...


2. Tweet of the week: 





3. Driving on the motorway this week for the first time in a while, I got stuck in a jam for ages. I was really grateful to finally get moving again and see this sign up ahead >
Refreshingly honest branding too.





4. I was somewhat taken aback to see that I was being followed on Twitter by this guy from Slimmers Forum:

WHAT AN INTERESTING VARIETY OF SUBJECTS HE COVERS

Call me paranoid but I have visions of him going through users' profile photos and thinking "He looks a bit podgy: POTENTIAL CUSTOMER!". As a result I am editing my picture thus:



5. Amidst all the appalling publicity that the hacking scandal has brought upon News International, I can't help feeling that it has got a little harder to dislike Rupert Murdoch, as he seems a touch more cute and cuddly than I recall. It's been bugging me all week what the new look is that he is rocking, and it has just clicked:




.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your intelligent and witty comments here (or just call me a knob)