Follow Blinkered_Simon on Twitter

Thursday 15 September 2011

YOU DID WHAT???!!

Simply hearing a particular word today sparked a memory of a brilliant exchange I once had with a work colleague who I had never previously spoken to, aside from a polite "Hi" in the corridor.

This was at one of those "Away Day" training events. As an ice-breaker we were asked to pair up with someone on another table and each reveal something notable or surprising about ourselves.

For the purposes of this tale I shall refer to this other person as "Eileen". This is because that was her name.


Me: You want to go first?
Eileen: Um...okay then.
Me: Right then.
Eileen: Well...*nervous laugh*.
Me: What?
Eileen: Well, last year I did two weeks voluntary work in euthanasia.
Me: Euthanasia?
Eileen (proud face): Yes.
Me: What? Killing old people?
Eileen: Uh? What? No! Oh ...wait a minute ...LITHUANIA! 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your intelligent and witty comments here (or just call me a knob)